Event Submission Guidelines
Procedures and Standards for Event Posting
Organizations may submit an event for publishing on the calendar using the online calendar submission form.
The more information provided by the submitting organization, the easier it is for Golden West to determine whether to post an event. Submitting organizations are encouraged to fill out the online form completely with all pertinent information regarding the event. This includes information such as:
- Event title
- Event description/details (box for text)
- Event time & date
- Event categories (Eastern, Central or Western South Dakota)
- Event website URL
- Location (name of location, physical address, and city/state/zip)
- Event cost, if any
- Contact name, email, and phone number to enable cooperative staff to follow up with questions (This information will not be published).
Note: Anonymous and incomplete submissions will not be posted. The Golden West Marketing and Communications Department reviews all requests to ensure event submissions comply with the standards set forth in this policy. The Exchange’s community calendar is a text-only listing. Fliers, brochures, and other documents will not be posted.
A qualifying event is a carefully planned, legal gathering that is open to the public, includes entertainment, programming, and/or activities, and involves a targeted theme or cause. Events may have an associated entrance or participation fee, but they cannot be for-profit events. The event must occur in the Golden West Telecommunications service area.
Items Not Permitted on the Community Calendar
The following will not be listed on the community calendar of events:
- Commercial, private, political or religious advertising
- Private, commercial or for-profit events
- Events not open to all members of the public
- Partisan political events
- Cause or opinion-based activities where are deemed inappropriate for Golden West support
- Discriminate, hostile or extremist activities
- Fundraisers that are not part of an actual “event” will not be listed on the calendar. This includes restaurant events that donate a portion of sales to a certain organization (even if non-profit), sales of coupon books, cookie sales, etc.
Timing of Submissions
Events may be submitted for any future date(s). All submitted events are subject to review and approval before being published. Please allow five business days for events to display publicly.
Removal of an Item
Events submitted to the calendar known to contain any form of the following shall not be posted or shall be removed:
- Profane language or content
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation
- Sexual content or links to sexual content
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems
- Content that violates a legal interest of any other party
Golden West reserves the right to restrict or remove any content or event that is deemed in violation of this policy or any applicable law.
The Golden West Marketing & Communications Department is responsible for ensuring compliance with this policy. Any inquiries about this document should be addressed to that department or submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.